Sweetwater Public Schools goal is to ensure the education of each individual student socially, academically, physically, and affectively.
Brief History of Sweetwater Schools
The first school in Sweetwater was located one mile west of the current site. It was called Round Top and consisted of 2, one-room buildings. It also served as a place of worship each Sunday morning. The first term at the present school location was in 1923 – 24. School began in December and dismissed on July 1. Potter Lowe, the first superintendent, was followed by Chester Kaiser, Mr. Carlton, Hugh Curnutt, Bill Barham, and Henry A. Vaughan. The present building used by the High School was erected in 1931 and is still being used today.